Monday, April 8, 2013

OK, So I'm still stalling but...

Yeah I'm stalling on the post i am and have been working on for a couple weeks now. I am doing so because I am busy and I am being careful with my word choices and what i say as to not add to the white noise that we call online social media and blogs. I am trying to be: real and reasonable; open and sensitive; gritty and true (in both senses of the word). So until I finish writing and editing what I am trying to say I postpone and stall. so rather than me add to the white noise here are links to good posts and articles I read this past week from other blogs which stood out to me.

Bri Dupree -Judging Worship: "How foul my worship must smell in the nostrils of God when I turn up my own nose at the ways others worship?"

Tim Gombis - On Thomas, Who Doubted: "May we, O God, by grace believe/and thus the risen Christ receive/whose raw imprinted palms reached out/and beckoned Thomas from his doubt."

Jason BoyettMumford and Christian Celebrities: "Let’s enjoy his art for what it is. Let’s stop worrying about high-profile Christians, stop obsessing about fame, stop hoisting the legitimacy of our own beliefs onto someone else’s powerful shoulders."

Sammy Adebiyi - The Gay Community and A TrollWARNING: This post contains language that may be offense to some. If you are easily offended by language you may want to skip this article.


Tim Gombis - Paul's Politics of Exile: "American evangelicals would do well to consider how Israel’s exile shaped Paul’s conception of the church—his vision of a weak and vulnerable wandering people among the nations."

Brandon Ambrosino - Being Gay at Jerry Falwell's University: "It's a typical story, really. Boy meets girl. Girl goes to college. Boy follows her to college. Girl decides to date other boys. Boy decides that's a good idea, and also dates other boys."




No comments:

Post a Comment