Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where is the manual for this?

A lot of seniors are now standing at a crossroad in their life. They are realizing that they will graduate in a semesters time and then its off to the  "Real World;" whether it be a job, armed forces, or grad school they are deciding what is the next step in life.

Life is full of choices, situations, challenges, work, family, friends, school, and other stuff. So where is the manual for it? Everything else pretty much comes with some form of instructions or users manual, whether we read it or not its there. Why doesn't a baby come with a owner's manual? Why don't we get book called "The Guide to Your Life" when we hit high school?  Why don't we get help in making these tough life decisions?

At times I feel like going, "Hey God some Help here... Maybe you can do that whole writing on the wall thing again or maybe you can call text or Facebook me what I'm suppose to do here." I know that the Bible is the manual to life, but its more like a general guide to life, a way to live it not a "on December 16th ask out so and so and this will lead to marriage, and avoid you know who at all costs they are a bad influence; Or you will be doing this for your life so make sure you do x, y, and z and apply to here for your career."  No instead of a nice map of a direct route through life we have a field guide and a compass, the Bible and The Holy Spirit.

Most of us have felt this way before, calling out to God saying, "OK God what your plan for my Life send me a sign, show me Your Will for my Life." But here is the Thing, God's will is for us to fulfill the greatest commandment and the Great Commission; We are to live like Christ and strive to. As long as we are doing that we are living with in the will of God. We are not going to get a fleece, a dream, a sign or signal from on what direction to take. So rather than praying for God to reveal this secret will for our lives, lets pray for wisdom to make the right, beneficial, and wholesome decisions at all times and to choose the best one when we are faced with two equally appropriate choices.

So as much as I would like to have God say each morning, "Good morning, Dave. Today I have willed for your Life this." Well maybe not every morning say that (but it would be helpful),it ain't going to happen! So now why I have said this. I am at a crossroad in my own life. I need to decide about, summer jobs, senior year, maybe switching my major, what to do after graduation, and well life on a day to day basis. I sat down to figure this all out and it was overwhelming... I know what I would like to do and what would actually be possible. I want to Teach, or something like that because i want to help shape the future through the shaping of lives. I also, want to continuously learn; I want to get at this point, call me crazy, at least three master degrees:

  • One in music (theory or musicology),music ed, and/or education
  • One in Theatre
  • One from a Seminary either an M. Div and/or Th.M.
Wow three Totally different thing but all things I am interested in. So here's the plan, Marry someone rich and do what I want... Plan B well thats still in the works at the moment but no matter what I have my Rock to cling to and He will always be there for me. One of the books on my Reading list isJust Do Something: How to Make a Decision Without Dreams, Visions, Fleeces, Open Doors, Random Bible Verses, Casting Lots, Liver Shivers, Writing in the Sky, etc.by Kevin DeYoung. Everyone who I've talked to who has read it says it is worth while. So I will suggest a book I haven't read yet... why because I CAN, and I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment