Monday, April 5, 2010

Facades...

The Definition:



The Confession:
I am guilty of this wearing a mask or a facade. We all are. Its just part of who we are, we show what we want and hide behind it. We are a product of Western Society and the Victorian Age, all about appearances and moving ahead in the social ladder, rather than being real or even human. We put on our masks and act, like hypocrites. We actually get the word hypocrite from the Greek word for actors, who wore masks while acting. We hide behind our masks and don't show who were we truly are because we believe if people saw us for who we really are they would run, disown, laugh, and abandon us. We dare not show others the us that we only see behind locked doors, in the protection of the dark and the night.We are ugly and broken and NO ONE in their right mind would ever want to be around me and all this ugly baggage we carry. 


The Conviction:
I feel we need to not fake it but be real especially those we love, like friends, family, and significant others. We need to be vulnerable, which is easier said than done. For all those who have been burned while being vulnerable, knows what I am saying, and it is hard you don't want to play with this fire again, and i understand. I am not saying we need to bare all to everyone, show everyone all the skeletons in the closet, but rather share them with those you love and those who love you back. With everyone else be real, be you, not your mask or one of your many masks. Share your true thoughts, feeling, show your True Colors. Those who are True Friends will love on you and be there through it all.

The Contemplation:
This whole time I have been preaching to the choir, and myself. I am an actor, both on and off stage. I am a hypocrite and am working on being real. For I do not want the mask to become me or me to become the mask; I want to be me!We all sometimes think we are Monsters, as the Skillet Song "Monster" states. I just sometimes dream and wonder what the world would be like if we did not just follow this facade and were real and truthful, what the world would look like. If we were real and loved everyone for who they are we would live in a different world, a better world.

I want to leave you with this song and its lyrics. Think about what its saying. Is it True? Is it True of You, Society as a Whole, The World?

No comments:

Post a Comment