Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day: A Reflection

"Take it all down, Christmas is over
But do not despair, but rather be glad
We had a good year, now let's have another
Remembering all the good times that we had
Oh no more lights glistening
No more carols to sing
But Christmas, it makes way for spring
Though hearts of man are bitter in weather
As cold as the snow that falls from above
But just for one day we all came together
We showed the whole world that we know how to love
Oh no more lights glistening
No more carols to sing
Oh remember that Christmas, it makes way for spring" -Relient K
Well Christmas was yesterday and we have made it through another year, survived the crazy shopping, driving, eating, baking, sleeping or lack of that, and for all the college student and I Finals.....

So what have we learned, what have we done this past year? It has been 365 days since last year's Christmas, and what have we changed in ourselves, the people around us and the world?

Its a sobering thing watching the news of the past year... we had the Gulf incident, the Winter Olympics, Hatti's Earthquake, and all the marriages, divorces and deaths of celebrities. Its also sobering looking back on what has happened in my own life in the past year, I have laughed, cried, grew, stumbled, was depressed, took life by the horns and fell to the wayside. I have grown so much but I have so much more to learn...

One of my Favorite quotes is "I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago... " -Donald Miller, and That is my Goal in life but I want to add to it by saying, "I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago..." and moving closer to the Savior of my soul.  I want to do this as I continue to try to live out the Greatest Commandment: "Love God... Love Others." And this is my New Years Wish, Resolution, thought, Hope, Whatever, to live out what I just Wrote.

I Plan to do it through:

  1. Journaling (both personally and the Bible)
  2. Prayer
  3. Fellowship with Other Believers
  4. Prayer
  5. Mentors
  6. Living and Learning

 Let me Leave you with this from Relient K's I Celebrate the Day for this is exactly how I feel writing this blog post; Till next Year:

"And with this Christmas wish is missed
The point I could convey
If only I could find the words to say to let You know how much You've touched my life
Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve
And from a lack of my persistency
We're less than half as close as I want to be..." -Relient K

No comments:

Post a Comment