Friday, January 14, 2011

Books, Books, and Yes More Books

Books, I love books don't you? They are marvelous things, books; they hold a vast amount of knowledge and can take you anywhere you like. Distract you from reality and take you to where imagination rules. They are great things books are, but they are not reality. So please don't confuse the two

I had a goal of reading the bible over this past year (1//1/10-12/31/10) from cover to cover (in chronological order for personal growth and not academic studies), but failed in the end. Therefore I am finishing the Bible now while I am dedicated top finishing that old goal and then I will start writing out the Bible in journals. I am planning to start in the Gospel of John. It is a simple Gospel but full of great insight from Jesus' Beloved. 

In addition to reading the Bible, I have a stack of books to read and i mean a stack of books; no they are not for school, that's a different stack. These are books I read for fun. and i just added like four (4) books to the list. and i have the two books I wanted read over this past summer that i put off, to read. but I get so excited over new books I read them first. So I just Finished two of the four books. I have Read Touching Godliness Through Submission by K.P. Yohannan and Just Do Something: How to Make a Decision Without Dreams, Visions, Fleeces, Open Doors, Random Bible Verses, Casting Lots, Liver Shivers, Writing in the Sky, etc. by Kevin DeYoung. I am now reading Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life then I plan to read The Masculine Mandate: God's Calling to Men by Richard D. Phillip. All along with the 18 credit hours I am taking and working. Sigh this is why I never have anytime to read or enjoy books anymore. I hope you all have a chance to read and learn something from the books in life.


Speaking of Life, Life is a story book that is blank; you are the author writing your own story in it. each day is a blank page, each year a new chapter in life.Are you living the story you would want to read, one that is inspiring or a good moral story, or a Story you would want to live out? Let life's road take you where you need to go and learn along the way but live life, don't just cruise along. So go live and learn from life, books, friends, mentors and other things.God Bless Your Journey. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment